Assistant Project Engineer - Chehalis
WSDOT has an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer in the Chehalis Project Engineering Office. The Assistant Project Engineer will assist in providing leadership, management, and engineering oversight to a Design/Construction Project Office. The Chehalis PEO delivers a diverse range of projects, from geographic location to the type of engineering challenges faced. In addition to project oversight, this position will provide staff a balanced workplace, promoting training and development for professional growth and upward mobility, employee safety, workforce diversity, and pride in ownership. Your work will be pivotal in meeting the goals of this agency.
At WSDOT, we honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. If you would like to join our team-oriented environment and enjoy continuously changing environment, and yet with a great deal of career stability and growth, definitely consider a career opportunity with WSDOT.
This position will perform the following work:
- Assist the Project Engineer in managing the daily operations of an engineering field office of approximately 30 employees.
- Identify improvements to the State transportation system and manage assigned projects through project development and construction administration activities.
- Apply policy and standards to highway design projects.
- Provide direction and make timely, effective decisions to deliver assigned design and construction projects successfully.
- Have excellent knowledge of transportation design and construction engineering principles, practices and methods.
- Ensure projects are constructible in accordance with design requirements.
- Communicate project status, performance, or critical issues with employees, region management, and external stakeholders.
- Foster safe working environments by ensuring employees are trained, use proper PPE, and follow safety protocols.
- Represent the office, Region, and organization through community engagement with local businesses, cities, and counties.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A Professional Engineer license in the State of Washington.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or other closely related degree.
- Four years of professional civil engineering experience is preferred.
- A strong engineering background with experience managing and supervising design and construction contracts.
- Knowledge of design, environmental, utilities, and construction practices.
- Strong skills in establishing plans and setting goals that support the overall program strategy/results.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with regulatory and local agencies and others to ensure projects are delivered successfully.
- Excellent and effective communication skills both written and verbal, to clearly communicate with employees and the public.
- Experience leading complex project design and/or construction projects - providing guidance, mentoring, coaching, motivation, empowering sound decision making.
- Valid driver's license.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically: